To find out the cost of your train journey, use the calculator below.
Coach fares are not as simple to calculate, as you can travel from one place to another in different ways. Use the 'Plan Trip/Buy tickets' tool to calculate your fare.
Information about myki refunds can be found on the Public Transport Victoria website.
V/Line paper tickets
You can receive a full refund for single or return tickets as long as you present the ticket at a staffed V/Line station or a V/Line ticket agent before the departure time of your service. No administration fee applies.
Please note most Metro stations do not refund tickets even if they issued them to you. If you purchased your ticket at a Metro station, please follow the procedure below.
V/Line Southern Cross Station
- Download a Passenger Refund Application Form from the link below or pick up a printed copy from a V/Line staffed station.
- Take your completed form to your nearest staffed V/Line station or to the V/Line booking office at Southern Cross Station. You can also post your refund application with your ticket(s) to:
Reply Paid 5343
Melbourne VIC 8060
Passenger Refund Application Form
Weekly, monthly and date-to-date tickets
For weekly, monthly and date-to-date tickets you can receive a refund for any unused portion of your ticket.
Refunds will be calculated by deducting the value of any travel made from the amount paid for the ticket.
First Class tickets
You can have your First Class ticket refunded in advance by following the directions above.
Occasionally, a scheduled First Class service will operate without a First Class carriage. In this case, the conductor will provide First Class customers with a refund slip so you can get a refund from a V/Line station.
Lost or stolen tickets
Refunds or replacements are not available for lost or stolen tickets, with the exception of reserved tickets and date-to-date tickets, which can be refunded at staffed V/Line stations.
- Enclose the original ticket with your refund application.
- We cannot accept responsibility for applications which are lost in the post.
- Posted tickets must arrive before the departure date printed on the ticket.
- V/Line ticket agents can only refund tickets bought from their agencies.