Coaches will replace Echuca trains between Bendigo and Echuca while V/Line accelerates our $4.9 million program to install axle counters on all 12 level crossings between Echuca and Bendigo.
The works are the best permanent solution to provide reliability of services after an incident in which a level crossing was slow to detect a train.
The boom gates at the crossing north of Bendigo were in the down position and the lights and bells were operating to alert traffic, providing 15 seconds warning instead of 25 second warning.
The important upgrades will be completed over the next five to seven weeks, meanwhile all services between Southern Cross Station and Echuca will run as trains between Melbourne and Bendigo, connecting with coaches between Bendigo and Echuca.
Please allow an additional 15 minutes for your journey.
Details on individual trains will be communicated via the Live service updates
section of this website, on the V/Line app and Twitter feed as well as via SMS and email notifications for customers signed up to V/Line Inform
- There is limited space for bikes on V/Line trains and coach replacement services.
- No pets allowed on replacement coaches.
- In Melbourne, coaches will arrive at the Southern Cross Station coach terminal on Spencer Street, opposite Little Bourke Street.
- Customers needing special assistance please call 1800 800 007 before travelling.
- For the latest up-to-date information follow us on Twitter @vline_bendigo or speak to a V/Line staff member.