Shining the light on accessibility
Published: Tue 10 May 2016
Seven customers have been chosen to form V/Line’s Accessibility Reference Group.
The purpose of the group is to come up with ways to make the V/Line network more accessible.
The members convened for the first time late last month, at a meeting facilitated by EGM – Customer Carol-Anne Nelson.
They will continue to meet on a quarterly basis to brainstorm ideas and recommendations that will drive accessibility upgrades and improvement projects across the network.
The members have a range of accessibility needs and each person represents a region of the state:
- David Simmonds – western region
- Karleen Plunkett – eastern region
- Rosalie O’Neil – eastern region
- Daniel Giles – northern region
- Robert Kuebler – south western region
- Kevin Birkett– metropolitan outbound
- Dianne King – north eastern region
The establishment of the group is an initiative from the V/Line Accessibility Action Plan 2015-18.
If you would like to contact the member in your region, please email firstname.lastname@example.org