Night Coach services begin
Published: Mon 4 Jan 2016
Night Coach services to Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong and Traralgon are now running on weekends.
Coaches depart from Southern Cross between 2am and approximately 2.15am each Saturday and Sunday morning. Night Coach services have been added to the timetable for the Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong and Gippsland (Traralgon) lines.
Coaches will pick up and drop off at major stations, and drop off only at smaller stations on request. Customers should let the driver know their destination stop when boarding a Night Coach service.
Some V/Line stations are being serviced by Night Bus services rather than Night Coach:
- Traralgon - Departs 2am
- One coach will run express to Yarragon, then stop all stations to Traralgon. A second coach will drop off customers at all stations to Traralgon and pick up customers at Pakenham and other major stations on the route.
- Bendigo - Departs 2.05am
- One coach will run express to Castlemaine, then stop all stations to Bendigo. A second coach will drop off customers at all stations to Bendigo and will pick up customers at Sunbury and other major stations on the the route.
- Ballarat - Departs 2.10am
- One coach will run express to Ballan, Ballarat and Wendouree. A second coach will drop off customers at all stations from Melton to Wendouree and pick up customers at major stations on the route.
- Geelong - Departs 2.15am
- One coach will run express to North Geelong, then stop all stations to Waurn Ponds. A second coach will drop off customers at all stations between Little River and Waurn Ponds and pick up customers at major stations on the route.
Travel with myki
Standard myki fares apply for travel on Night Network services. For Night Coach services off-peak fares apply. Touch on before you board and off at your destination to pay the lowest fare.
Night Coach forms part of Public Transport Victoria's Night Network, a one year trial of extra late night services for weekend customers. PTV will closely monitor patronage and will provide additional coaches if demand is strong. However, community feedback will be a key part of the evaluation of the trial, to help inform whether timetables should be expanded in the future.
If you've got questions, suggestions or general feedback about Night Coach the Public Transport Victoria call centre (1800 800 007) will operate throughout the night on Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday nights.
- Ardeer and Deer Park - Route 942 Night Bus from outside the Southern Cross coach terminal on Spencer Street near Lonsdale Street
- Rockbank - Route 943 Night Bus from Watergardens Station (Connect from Sunbury Night Train)
- Tarneit and Wyndham Vale - Route 945 Night Bus from the stop at the corner of Flinders and Clarendon/Spencer Street.