In addition to other feedback we receive from our customers, the V/Line management team meets with commuters on peak Ballarat trains at least twice a year and hosts online consultations.
The last online and on-train consultations were held in January 2013.
In the meantime, your compliments, complaints and suggestions help us to keep improving our services.
Contact us via our online form or call us on 1800 800 007.
For a reply of our Ballarat Line online consultation held in January, click on the 'play' button below.
On-train feedback - January 2013
| Customer Issues|| V/Line's responses|
- Customers raised the need for a ticket agent at Nhill.
Our new Retail Agents Manager is investigating the possibility of establishing an agent at Nhill.
Bus drivers are also obliged to sell tickets to passengers and we have raised this with the bus operator.
- A customer suggested curtains on VLocity trains would be nice to block out the glare.
- Customers would like to use the power points onboard the train.
- Any chance of a café onboard this service?
- Windows on VLocity trains are tinted and reflective to assist with sun glare and heat. The option of installing curtains is not a priority at this point in time.
- There are a limited number of power points on board (used for cleaning and
maintenance). We discourage customers from using these power points.
- VLocity trains, which run to and from Ararat, are not designed to be equipped
with café carriages.
- V/Line has trialled antennas on services; however, to date reception has been weak. We are also in discussions with Government about the wider issues of reception in country Victoria.
- Customers appreciate the work of V/Line staff in providing good customer service.
- Frontline staff play a vital role in the delivery of good customer service and each staff member that receives customer compliments is recognised. We will pass on this feedback to staff.