Single and day return tickets (unreserved tickets)You can receive a full refund for any single or return tickets as long as you present the ticket at a staffed V/Line station or a V/Line agent before the date printed on the ticket. No administration fee applies.
Please note most metropolitan stations do not refund tickets even if they issued them to you. If you purchased your ticket at a Metro station, please follow the procedure below.
You may also post your refund application with your ticket(s) to:
- Download a Passenger Refund Application Form from the link below or pick-up a printed copy from a V/Line staffed station
- Take your completed form to your nearest staffed V/Line station, or to the V/Line booking office at Southern Cross Station.
V/Line Southern Cross Station
Reply Paid 5343
Melbourne VIC 8060
Weekly, monthly and date-to-date ticketsFor commuter tickets (weekly, monthly or date-to-date tickets) you can receive a refund for any unused portion of your ticket.
Refunds will be calculated by deducting the value of any travel made from the amount paid for the ticket.
Another option is to apply in writing.
First class tickets
You can have your first class ticket refunded in advance by following the same directions as single and return ticket refunds.
Occasionally a scheduled first class service can be run without a first class compartment. In this case the conductor will provide you with a first class refund slip so you can get a refund from a V/Line station.
Reserved ticketsIf you have a ticket for a reserved service the same rules above apply except you have until the time of departure to submit your ticket for refund.
Lost / stolen tickets No refunds or replacements are available for lost or stolen tickets, with the exception of reserved tickets and date-to-date tickets, which can be refunded at staffed V/Line stations.
- Enclose the original ticket with any refund application you make.
- We cannot accept responsibility for applications which are lost in the post.
- Posted tickets must arrive before the departure date printed on the ticket.
- V/Line agents can only refund tickets bought from their agencies.