| Up to $500|| Value for money / Reasonable market rate|
| Purchases up to $5,000|| One (1) verbal or written quotation|
| Purchases between $5,000 and $25,000|| One (1) written quotation|
| Purchases between $25,000 & $150,000 || Three (3) written quotations using a detailed specification|
| Purchases in excess of $150,000 || Public Tender / Sourcing process using a detailed Specification of Requirement |
An exemption to deviate from a standard procurement process may be granted in exceptional circumstances.
All procurement requirements must be approved in accordance with V/Line’s Delegation of Authority before commitment is given to a supplier. Only certain people have the authority to formalise and execute contracts with suppliers.
Tender notifications are advertised in the Business Tenders section of Wednesday’s edition of the Herald Sun.
Ethical StandardsThe V/Line Procurement Policy aims to ensure the following are achieved:
- Probity - Process must be honest and beyond reproach
- Visibility - Activities conducted openly and thoroughly documented
- Fair Dealing - Honest, fair and even handed with all current and potential suppliers
- Professionalism - Effective and efficient procurement, at all times acting in a professional manner
- Risk Management - Risks such as collusion, influence seeking, false invoicing, substitution, delegation and order splitting are to be addressed, evaluated and managed, not avoided
- Ethical - Conduct to be ethical at all times
- Avoidance of Conflict of Interest - Employees involved in the procurement process to ensure there is no actual or perceived conflict of interest. All conflicts must be reported.
- Gifts and Hospitality - To be declared and/or declined. No offers of gifts or hospitality to be accepted during tender or negotiation periods.
- Confidentiality & Disclosure of Procurement Information - Information acquired in the course of procurement activities, which is not publicly available, must not be disclosed to others unless required by law or disclosed to staff except as required as a part of the procurement process.
Links and downloads
Disclaimer: Documents will no longer be controlled once printed
CPPO-001 Procurement Policy (pdf, 490KB)
SAPO–005 Fatigue (pdf, 500KB)
SAPO-003 Environment (pdf, 130KB)
SAPO-004 Safety Policy (pdf, 730KB)
SAPO-001 Drug and Alcohol Management (pdf, 1430KB)
Contractor info intro
1. Objectives for our suppliers
2. V/Line’s policies [see above]
3. Before you start working with V/Line
4. Rail Safety
5. Contractor obligations
6. Personal conduct