Objectives for our suppliers
Effective and efficient relationships with our suppliers is essential. To assist us to achieve our objectives, V/Line considers:
- Alignment of Goals: structuring relationships to integrate both parties’ goals by identifying the most appropriate improvement levers
- Total Cost Reduction: identifying and capturing true potential improvements
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement: benefiting from continuous improvement throughout the life of the relationship
- With Safety being paramount: achieving best performance on safety and focus on incident/accident prevention
Successful V/Line / Supplier relationships will develop a high level of transparency and co-operation, operating under a ‘one team’ philosophy of openness and trust for all parties.
Where relevant, V/Line is committed to providing opportunities to local people in the areas in which we operate, at all times based on demonstrated capabilities, commercial viability and competitiveness. Provision of such opportunities, and the resulting engagement and participation of the local community, is seen as critical in assisting V/Line and companies contracted to V/Line to conduct their activities.
V/Line expects its Suppliers will have a similar commitment, demonstrated through the performance by the Supplier whilst providing services to V/Line.
V/Line seeks this demonstration of commitment in the same way that it seeks commitment on capability, safety, human resources, environmental and other matters.
Contractor info intro
1. Objectives for our suppliers [see above]
2. V/Line’s Procurement Policy
3. Before you start working with V/Line
4. Rail Safety
5. Contractor obligations
6. Personal conduct